Events and tours
The Consorzio Grado Turismo will promote and support the events organised on the island but is not responsible for their organisation or for any changes to the programme that may occur without prior notice. In order to keep up to date with the latest news or any changes in the programme, we strongly recommend consulting the official websites of the organisers or of the local institutions involved.
Guided tours and excursions
Palagym Wellness Island
15 July 2022
Keeping fit is important and helps you feel good about yourself. Even on holiday, when time can be used as we like, we can find the ideal space where we can exercise and keep fit.
At the Terme Marine Palagym Wellness Island, there is a weight room equipped for all types of training. Activities are supervised by certified instructors to ensure professionalism and competence in identifying and achieving goals. The instructors are also qualified to conduct PT (personal training) classes, suitable for those who want to get the most out of their session!
The gym is open at the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Wednesday and Thursday afternoons: from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Guided tours and excursions
Hop on Hop off tour in the Collio
15 July 2022
The new transport service offered by APT GORIZIA in collaboration with PROMOTURISMO FVG, to explore Friuli Venezia Giulia from the sea to the Collio, under the banner of mobility combining bus, bicycle and boats. A range of slow itineraries that leave ample freedom to use the service according to one's own tastes and interests, travelling by bus and by bicycle, combining cultural and eno-gastronomic experiences with immersive pedalling in the evocative landscapes of the Collio.
- COLLIO E COLLI: From 01 June to 31 August 2022, every Wednesday and Friday, from Grado to Cividale passing through the Collio by bus and by bicycle among vineyards, places of art, picturesque villages. A service with the characteristics of the classic HOP ON HOP OFF with bicycle transport. The bus will stop at the points of greatest interest and near the cycle paths. Two loops made three times during the course of the day, touching the towns of Cormòns, Vencò, Cividale del Friuli, Spessa, Mossa loc. Preval, Capriva del Friuli. Departure from Grado in coincidence with the arrival of the maritime lines from Trieste and Lignano. Timetable and route HERE. To use the service, online booking is required on the day before the trip.
- TASTING THE COLLIO: From 02 June to 01 September 2022, every Thursday; an invisible thread of aromas and flavours. A land of great wineries and skilful chefs, where glasses toast between the rows of world-famous vineyards. Discover the beauty of the area and the rich food and wine offerings along the FVG Wine and Taste Route. A route inspired by food and wine, which from Grado leads tourists through Collio, touching on Capriva del Friuli, Cormòns, Corona (Mariano del Friuli) and San Floriano del Collio. Departure from Grado coinciding with the arrival of the maritime lines from Trieste and Lignano. Timetable and route HERE. To use the service, online booking is required on the day before the trip.
Bicycle transport is always included in the ticket price. The proposed services do NOT include tickets for visits to museums, exhibitions, monuments, bicycle hire and tastings.
Guided tours and excursions
Courses and activities at the thermal pool
15 July 2022
At the thermal pool we regularly hold group courses in AquaMotricity and AcquaFitness; you can also take part in the following activities:
- Acqua FIT, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 08.30 to 09.30; postural training in sea water heated to 31.5° for muscle strengthening and joint reinforcement.
- Acqua HIIT, Tuesdays and Fridays from 7.30 pm to 8.30 pm; performance training in water based on rapid sequences, aimed at strengthening muscles and developing special coordination skills.
- Acqua GYM, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 08.30 to 09.30; a muscular fitness session suitable for those who want to have fun training to the rhythm of music.
Info and reservations with WhatsApp message to +39 340 4916838
GRADO 130, MOSTRE E CONVEGNI
" Greetings from Grado - Gruss aus Grado - exhibition of vintage postcards".
1 May 2022
Position: Isola d'oro - spiaggia principale GIT
From 1 May to 10 September, from 09.00 to 19.00 - Isola d'Oro (until 20/05 the exhibition closes at 18.00)
What did the most popular seaside resort of the Monarchy look like? Where did tourists stay and how did they spend their holidays in Grado at the end of the 19th century? On the occasion of "130 years of Grado", this exhibition wants to retrace the first years of tourism on the "Island of the Sun" (about 1892-1914).
GRADO 130, ESCURSIONI E VISITE GUIDATE
Free walking tour "Grado Mitteleuropea".
20 May 2022
Position: Ritrovo Piazza Biagio Marin
Every Friday from 20 th May to 16 September come and discover an unusual walking tour through the symbolic places of the modern and recent Grado, a sign of the tourist development that took place at the end of the nineteenth century/early twentieth century. Along the way you will also meet the silhouettes of several significant characters in the history of Grado, protagonists of these 130 years.
From 6.30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in May, June and September; from 9 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. in July and August.
- Meeting point: Piazza Biagio Marin;
- Itinerary: Palazzo Municipale; Fonzari Roman remains and villa; Fortino; Casa della Musica; Lungomare Nazario Sauro; French Fort; Zipser; Villa Bauer; Hotel Alla Salute; Promenade Viale Regina Elena; Porta dell'Imperatore; Ville Bianchi; Viale Dante: villa Erica, villa Reale; exhibition of postcards and period photos at Spiaggia dell'Imperatore; Cinema Cristallo.
Minimum 1, maximum 30 people.
LANGUAGES: Italian, German
In case of rain, the excursion is cancelled
Reservations must be made by 12.00 noon on Thursday.
Please arrive in good physical and mental condition, with appropriate clothing and equipment for the tour. If you have any doubts, check with the organisation before the day of the hike.
The use of masks and provisions for the prevention of Covid-19 refer to current legislation (in Italian).
For the activities organized by the Consorzio Grado Turismo the reservation is compulsory and must be made by 12 noon of the day before the excursion online, by email (email@example.com) or by phone + 39 0431 80383, providing NAME, SURNAME, RESIDENCE EMAIL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER.
GRADO 130, ENOGASTRONOMIA
Aperitifs, cocktails, pizzas and 130 menu
1 June 2022
Position: Vari bar, ristoranti e pizzerie
During the 6 months of the "Grado 130" event, at bars, taverns, pizzerias and restaurants located in various areas of Grado, taste the aperitifs, cocktails, pizzas and the menu inspired by the 130 years of tourism of the Island of the Sun.
Discover all the proposals and the participating companies HERE.
MOSTRE E CONVEGNI
Pasolini. I disegni nella laguna di Grado
1 July 2022
Position: Casa della Musica
01-31 July 2022
Monday to Friday 19:00 - 23:00
Saturday and Sunday 17:00 - 23:00
Opens on 1 July at 7 p.m., at the Casa della Musica in Piazza Biagio Marin, the exhibition "Pasolini. Drawings in the Lagoon of Grado", the result of six years of research by curator Francesca Agostinelli. Among the works on show are two previously unpublished drawings: a portrait of Aldo Venier, then Grado's municipal secretary, and the drawing "Pali e reti del Safon" (Safon's poles and nets), which comes from the Feltrinelli collection in Milan. The exhibition will remain open until 31 July.
The rediscovered drawings that Pier Paolo Pasolini made in the lagoon between the shooting of the film Medea, the presentation of Porcile and the International Film Week that the director established in the seaside resort in 1970 are returning to Grado. They return together with the collection of his friend painter Giuseppe Zigaina to compose an exhibition of 23 pieces on paper that opens up new scenarios on Pasolini's drawing. And if we say "drawing", we don't mean well, because these works from Gradese have little of what we imagine: in fact, materials directly taken from an environment of grasses, shells, sands and flowers thicken on the paper. But also of wax beads directly poured onto the paper, that wax which the poet used to light up the evenings on Mota Safon, the small island "Pasolini", as it is now in nautical maps, offered in concession to the director by the Municipality of Grado as a support for the filming of Medea set in the lagoon. The subject of these drawings are lagoon views, the "tapi" - the sandbanks in the Grado dialect - as much as everyday objects made of nets, poles, lamps. Also on display are portraits of some friends: Giuseppe Zigaina, Aldo Venier, and then the great Medea of the film, Maria Callas, portrayed in profile with a regal bearing in three sumptuous pieces, one of which was recently rediscovered. The event was initiated by the Pier Paolo Pasolini Study Centre of Casarsa della Delizia for Pier Paolo's 100th birthday and is now in Grado enhanced by 2 previously unpublished pieces. It also tells the story of the discoveries made by Francesca Agostinelli, curator of the exhibition, in 6 years of research that began with some photographs and the stories of Giuseppe Zigaina whose memoirs Agostinelli collected. Drawings by Pasolini and a small drawing by Ninetto Davoli dedicating "I lumi affumicanti del Safon" to Pier Paolo have re-emerged from 9 private collections. It is the summer of 1970.
The event is supported by a number of lagoon excursions to Mota Safon and the Casone Pasolini, once the home of the Centaur Chiron (actor Laurent Terzieff), who opens the film Medea with the wise teachings to the young Jason: "everything is holy", he says, pointing to the Grado lagoon and emphasising that "when Nature seems natural, it will all be over".
Event organised by the Municipality of Grado with the patronage of the Centro Studi Pier Paolo Pasolini di Casarsa della Delizia, Cineteca del Friuli and PromoTurismo FVG. With the collaboration of Altreforme soc. coop., Consorzio Grado Turismo and Graisani de Palù, Grado
Exhibition and catalogue edited by Francesca Agostinelli.
ATTIVITÀ PER FAMIGLIE
The Lady of the Fairy Tales: Fairy Tales for Growing Up
8 July 2022
Position: Piper Beach
At 5.00 pm
Every Friday of July and August
8, 15, 22, 29 July - 5, 12, 19, 26 August
- The Pied Piper and the Paper Eating Rats
- Swan Lake and plastic bags
- The Witch Varvuola... without a chimney
- The ugly duckling and Mr Pier Paolo Pasolini
- The dolphin and the sea snail
- Pinocchio in the land of noises
- Snow White and the dwarfs waste water
- Little Red Riding Hood and the dragon with toothache
At the Piper Costa Azzurra Beach - Establishment
Free admission (in case of rain the activity is suspended)
Facebook: La Signora delle Fiabe
Special evening openings of the National Archaeological Museum of Aquileia
1 July 2022
Position: Museo Archeologico Nazionale Aquileia, via Roma 1
From 1 July 2022 and until 26 August 2022 the National Archaeological Museum of Aquileia will be open every Friday evening with free admission.
Every Friday the Museum will be open non-stop from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., with last admission and ticket office closing at 9.30 p.m.
From 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. admission will be free for all visitors: a sort of HAPPY FRIDAY to spend the warm summer evenings in a magical place, surrounded by history and beauty.