Thanks to its network of cycle paths within the city, the Alpe Adria Cycle Route and the FVG2, Cycle Route, Grado is a cyclist's paradise! The island is located at the end of the Alpe Adria, the best cycle path in Europe in 2015, with its beautiful mountain, hilly and lagoon landscapes stretching for 425 km, starting from Salzburg; other routes wind through roads, vineyards, fields and paths that run along the sea and connect Grado to the two nature reserves and the scenic Golf Course.
Did you know that in Grado there are several hotels, aparthotels and campsites where you can find specific services for cyclists, such as closed storage rooms, equipment for maintenance, information materials, reinforced breakfast, etc.? Download the file with the bike services in our partner accommodation facilities from HERE.
Are you on holiday in Grado and want to rent a bike? That's where you can do it:
- SPEEDY-BIKE by Gabrio Berto, Viale Argine dei Moreri, 40, Gradoo; +39 0431 090171; www.speedybikegrado.it
- MAURO BIKE, Riva Sebastiano Scaramuzza, 8, Grado; +39 324 6009263; www.maurobike.com
- BIKEANDGO, inside Tenuta Primero Resort, Via Monfalcone, 14, Grado; + 39 327 0286666; email@example.com; www.bikeandgo.it
- ELEKTRA, Via Caprin,42, Grado; +39 0431 366375 / +39 335 5487784; info@elektragrado,it; www.elektragrado.it
- RIDE ME: the practical bikesharing service that takes you to discover Grado and its surroundings on the saddle of the brand new bikes available in various parts of the city. To use them, simply register by entering all the required data, frame the QR code with your mobile phone camera and, at the end of the trip, manually close the lock and complete the payment. The service offers audio explanations through the App, to let you know the history and tradition of our land through exclusive anecdotes. Adult Bike 15,00 €, Baby Bike 10,00 €. The rental price is valid from the time of pick-up until 24:00 on the same day the bike is picked up. In the eventuality that the bike is not returned by midnight, the subscriber will be automatically charged an additional amount equal to the amount specified at the time of confirmation of the rental.
If you arrived in Grado by bike and you have to go back to Austria, or if you want to discover the surroundings of the island by bike, you can use the BiciBus service. The BiciBus service from Grado to Udine runs from 25 April to 10 September 2023 every Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. In July and August Bicibus operates every day. From Udine to return to Austria you must then take the MI.CO.TRA train: 4 cross-border daily runs between Udine and Villacch all year round. On Saturdays, Sundays and holidays there is an extension from Trieste (with stops in Cervignano and Palmanova). Reservation recommended in the summer months. Bicycles may be transported in the special luggage compartment. Tickets available on board; book your ticket online and find out all timetables HERE. For further information + 39 0432 581844; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.ferrovieudinecividale.it.
During the summer months, from June to September, Grado is connected by boat to Trieste every day except Mondays. In the event that conditions are not suitable for navigation, a replacement bus service with a bike wagon will be activated. On TPL FVG motor vessels you can travel with your bicycle (no more than one bicycle per passenger) within the limits of available space and at the discretion of the captain. We therefore advise you to enquire in advance about the availability of the service, especially during peak hours and at weekends.
To transport your own bike, you must purchase a bike ticket. More information HERE
Here are some of our routes that you can explore on your mobile phone by downloading the Bikemap App (for a fee: 3-day free trial, €9/month). Each bicycle rider rides under his or her own responsibility and at his or her own risk. Transport timetables may be subject to change. Check them on the reference sites before setting off. Download a list of all routes HERE.
ROUTES WITH DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL IN GRADO BY BIKE
1 - CYCLING ROUTE IN GRADO (11 KM)
2 - ARCHEOLOGICAL ROUTE (34 KM)
3 - DISCOVERY ROUTE AMONG NATURE RESERVES (52 KM)
4 - ITINERARY OF THE AQUILEIAN COUNTRYSIDE (58 KM)
5 - ROUTE GRADO - MONFALCONE (40 KM)
6 - ROUTE SEA, HISTORY AND NATURE (50 KM)
BIKE BUS GRADO - UDINE
7 - ROUTE MILLS AND MERIDIANS (47 KM)
8 - DISCOVERY ROUTE THROUGH THE COLLIO REGION (38 KM)
9 - UNESCO BIKE TOUR FROM PALMANOVA (38 KM)
10 - ROUTE PALMANOVA - TORVISCOSA - GRADO (41 KM)
BIKE BUS GRADO - GORIZIA
11 - ROUTE OF THE GREAT WAR (24 KM)
12 - ROUTE TO DISCOVER THE REGION OF KARST (33 KM)
13 - ROUTE GRADO - AQUILEIA - GRADISCA D'ISONZO (44 KM)
14 - ROUTE GRADO - GORIZIA (68 KM)
SEA LINK GRADO - TRIESTE
19 - BOAT & BIKE FROM GRADO: CULTURAL ITINERARY IN TRIESTE (7 KM)
20 - BOAT & BIKE FROM GRADO: NATURALISTIC ITINERARY IN TRIESTE (21 KM)