Thanks to its network of cycle paths within the city, the Alpe Adria Cycle Route and the FVG2, Cycle Route, Grado is a cyclist's paradise! The island is located at the end of the Alpe Adria, the best cycle path in Europe in 2015, with its beautiful mountain, hilly and lagoon landscapes stretching for 425 km, starting from Salzburg; other routes wind through roads, vineyards, fields and paths that run along the sea and connect Grado to the two nature reserves and the scenic Golf Course.
Are you on holiday in Grado and want to rent a bike? That's where you can do it:
- SPEEDY-BIKE by Gabrio Berto, Viale Argine dei Moreri, 40, Gradoo; Phone 0431 090171; http://www.speedybikegrado.it/
with child seat
|1 hour||€ 3,00||€ 4,00|
|1 day||€ 10,00||€ 12,00|
|1 week||€ 40,00||€ 45,00|
- MAURO BIKE, Riva Sebastiano Scaramuzza, 8, Grado; Tel: 324 6009263;
with child seat
|1 day||€ 10,00||€ 11,00||€ 18,00|
|3 days||€ 25,00||€ 27,00||€ 42,00|
|1 week||€ 45,00||€ 50,00||€ 70,00|
RIDE ME: the practical bikesharing service that takes you to discover Grado and its surroundings on the saddle of the brand new bikes available in various parts of the city. To use them, simply register by entering all the required data, frame the QR code with your mobile phone camera and, at the end of the trip, manually close the lock and complete the payment. The service offers audio explanations through the App, to let you know the history and tradition of our land through exclusive anecdotes.
|Adult Bike||€ 12,30||€ 2,70||€ 15,00|
|Baby Bike||€ 8,20||€ 2,80||€ 10,00|
The above rental price is valid from the time of pick-up until 24:00 on the same day the bike is picked up. In the eventuality that the bike is not returned by midnight, the subscriber will be automatically charged an additional amount equal to the amount specified at the time of confirmation of the rental.
Did you know that in Grado there are 8 hotels and campsites that are part of the BIKE product of PromoTurismo FVG? Here you will find many services dedicated to those who travel by bike:
HOTEL 4 STARS S
- GRAND HOTEL ASTORIA, Largo San Grisogono, 3, 34073, Grado; tel. 0431 83550; www.hotelastoria.it; email@example.com
- HOTEL SAVOY, Riva Slataper, 12, 34073, Grado; tel. 0431 897111; www.hotelsavoy-grado.it; firstname.lastname@example.org
HOTEL 4 STARS
- HOTEL DIANA, Via Giuseppe Verdi, 1, 34073, Grado; tel. 0431 80026, www.hoteldiana.it; email@example.com
- HOTEL HANNOVER, Piazza XXVI Maggio, 10, 34073, Grado; tel. 0431 82264; www.hotelhannover.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOTEL LAGUNA PALACE - Riva Brioni, 17, 34073, Grado; tel 0431 83408; www.lagunapalacehotel.it; email@example.com
HOTEL 3 STARS
- HOTEL VILLA CARLA, ViaVenezia, 18, 34073, Grado; tel. 0431 82945; www.hotelvillacarla.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOTEL VILLA D'ESTE, Viale Kennedy, 38, 34073; tel. 0431 80702; www.hotel-villadeste.it; email@example.com
4 STARS HOLIDAY VILLAGES
- VILLAGGIO RESIDENCE PUNTA SPIN, Via Monfalcone, 10, 34073, Grado; tel. 0431 83530; www.puntaspin.it; firstname.lastname@example.org
Many cycling itineraries, which can be covered with the most common types of city bike and mountain bike, allow you to discover the most fascinating places around Grado, with their naturalistic, landscape, artistic and archaeological peculiarities.
The proposed routes wind through cycle paths, cart tracks and roads with limited vehicular fraquentation, except for some short obligatory routes on ordinary variability or crossings of the same. The itineraries can be covered over the course of a day, providing moments of in-depth study and refreshing stops that will allow you to take advantage of the varied food and wine offer of the area. The recommended seasons are spring and autumn, periods of the year in which the blooms and the colour range of the colours give a particular charm to the extraordinary landscapes.
Here are some of our routes: