This year there will be eight evenings with 18 concerts for an audience that, once again, will be managed in absolute safety: at the Arena of Parco delle Rose distances, tracking, sanitation and all the measures against crowding will be guaranteed.
GradoJazz 2021, organized by Euritmica, with the support of Grado Municipality, FVG Region, PromoTurismo FVG, Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Gorizia, BCC Staranzano e Villesse and the collaboration of G.I.T., is an international music event that fits well with a place like Grado, with its landscape, historical and cultural peculiarities.
From the jazz-diva Dee Dee Bridgewater, to - among the others - Ivan Lins, Brad Mehldau, Paolo Fresu, Enrico Rava&Danilo Rea, Tigran Hamasyan and the Huun-Huur-Tu, up to the concert-event of Paolo Conte, the 2021 edition of Grado Jazz, that will be presented also this year by the radio presenter Max De Tomassi of Radio 1 Rai, is getting ready to be really unforgettable. The context of the great events, once again, will be the Arena of the marvellous Parco delle Rose, close to the sea, set up with a big stage and about 2,000 spaced seats, but this year the festival will also move to other spaces in the town and in the lagoon. The food&drinks corner will also be present with food and wine products and local specialities.
- The Festival will open at 6 pm on Saturday 17 July at the Cristallo Cinema with the inauguration of the photographic exhibition "Jazz Portraits", featuring portraits of the stars of thirty years of Udin&Jazz through the eyes of AFIJ, the Association of Italian Jazz Photographers, curated by Luca A. d'Agostino. Music will begin shortly afterwards, at the Parco delle Rose Arena, with a "Brazilian Night" and the first concert entrusted to the voice of Mafalda Minnozzi, Italian singer and real star in Brazil and the United States, who will take the stage at 7.30 p.m. with her project "SENSORIAL ESTATE", together with Paul Ricci on guitar. At 9.30 p.m. the show continues with Brazilian singer, pianist and composer Ivan Lins, a star of Brazilian and international music whose songs have been interpreted by Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald, Barbra Streisand, Elis Regina and Michael Bublè (with whom he has also performed a duet).
- On Sunday 18th July, a first new suggestion for the GradoJazz audience: a special performance of the pianist Claudio Cojaniz who will perform in piano solo in "BLACK WATER MUSIC", a concert at dawn (at 5.30 a.m.), in front of the sea of the scenographic Diga Nazario Sauro. Another exciting appointment in the late afternoon: at 6.30 p.m. the music will move through the streets of the town centre, to reach the Parco delle Rose Jazz Village, with the sounds of BANDAKADABRA, an "urban fanfare" that combines rocksteady, balkan, swing but also a lot of fun and an irresistible energy that will lead the audience directly to the Parco delle Rose, where at 9.30 p.m. the American jazz star Dee Dee Bridgwater will perform, in an exclusive concert for GradoJazz and with a band of Italian jazz talents.
- On Monday 19th July, from 6.30 p.m., music breathes again in the corners of the town centre with the first appointment of the JazzTrail of GradoJazz, which sees Daniele D'Agaro as the protagonist of a musical journey with his saxes and clarinet in various suggestive points of the centre of Grado. At 9.30 p.m. the evening at the jazz village becomes intense for lovers of the most refined jazz: on the stage of the Parco delle Rose the Brad Mehldau Trio. Yes, the very Brad Mehldau whom the New York Times has described as "the most influential jazz pianist of the last 20 years". He is joined on stage by his trusty partners Larry Grenadier and Jeff Ballard to give life to a performance where surprise, intimate improvisation and melodic construction follow each other to create a unique musical architecture.
- Tuesday 20 July an absolutely original experience, "Jazz on Board": at 4.00 p.m., from the Molo Torpediniere, the Battello Santa Maria leaves for an excursion in the Grado lagoon with live jazz music and a seafood snack on board. At 6.30 p.m. the second appointment with JazzTrail, this time with Mirko Cisilino, a young trumpet player from Friuli who is now well known on the international jazz scene. At 9.30 p.m., on the big stage of the Parco delle Rose, a gift for the guests of the Isola del Sole with a band of six musicians and three female voices that will pay homage to the queen of soul, Aretha Franklin, with a show entitled "RESPECT - A NIGHT FOR ARETHA".
- On Wednesday 21 at 7.30 p.m., in Grado's park, the Jazz Ensemble of the G. Tartini Conservatory of Trieste, coordinated by the teacher of ensemble music Giovanni Maier, will perform the music of some big names in contemporary jazz, bringing a breath of international jazz to Grado. This set will introduce the evening's event. At 9.30 p.m., again on the stage in the Parco delle Rose, it will be the turn of two milestones of Italian jazz: Enrico Rava (on flugelhorn) and Danilo Rea (on piano), two artists of international standing united by a well-established musical partnership, with a repertoire that includes unforgettable pieces in their refined, intense and never banal interpretation.
- On Thursday 22 July, at 7.30 p.m., we will be able to hear the quintet of the young double bass player from Maremma, Michelangelo Scandroglio - one of the winners in 2020 of the prestigious award of the monthly magazine Musica Jazz "Top Jazz", in the category of new talents - who will perform "IN THE EYES OF THE WHALE". Next, at 9.30 p.m., an old friend of Euritmica, who hosts him every year to present his new projects, and a great spokesman of Italian jazz in the world: we are talking about trumpeter Paolo Fresu who on this occasion will bring to Grado his tribute to David Bowie "HEROES". Sharing his exciting journey into the sounds of the White Duke will be the prodigious voice of Petra Magoni (Musica Nuda), Gianluca Petrella, Francesco Diodati, Francesco Ponticelli and Christian Meyer.
- Another themed evening will characterise the penultimate evening of the Festival, Friday 23 July. The "Asian Night" opens at 7.30 p.m. with the spectacular and unique performance of Huun-Huur-Tu, with their archaic and ultra-modern music and vocals from Tuva and Mongolia. A long-awaited return to the region for the four vocalists and musicians (whose CV also includes a collaboration with Frank Zappa), whose incredible harmonic singing captivates audiences around the world. At 9.30 p.m. it will be time for the young and very talented Armenian pianist Tigran Hamasyan, who will perform with his trio presenting his project "THE CALL WITHIN". The Festival audience will have the opportunity to recognise in his music the sounds of his origins and to immerse themselves in his infinite talent as a composer, pianist and singer, letting themselves be lulled into a swing, between stillness and rhythm. An evening that promises to be memorable and exciting.
- The final evening of the 2021 edition of GradoJazz will be absolutely unforgettable. On Saturday 24th July, at 9.30 p.m., the Parco delle Rose will greet and welcome a real myth of music: Paolo Conte, with his tour "50 Years of Azzurro". Started in 2018 for the celebration of the 50th anniversary of "Azzurro", a song brought to success by Adriano Celentano and which brought Conte to be known in Italy and worldwide, the tour has sold out on all dates, including the magical performance at the Terme di Caracalla, in Rome. The tour continues in 2021 with a few selected dates in Europe and Italy and will stop in Grado, "one of the most evocative locations in Italy". On stage with Paolo Conte will be, as always, a Big Orchestra made up of 11 exceptional musicians (event with the collaboration of Zenit srl - Azalea).
In addition to the concerts
- a great novelty of this year will be a space entirely dedicated to children: operators of the Musical Association PraticaMenteMusica will hold daily, every morning from 19 to 23 July, workshops for children from 6 to 10 years old, who will have the opportunity to approach the magic world of music and jazz, where the sound experience will become integration and communication through the use of voice, body expression and instrument.
- thanks to the collaboration with Consorzio Grado Turismo, Travelone, GIT and PromoTurismo FVG the "GradoJazz Blue in Green" tourist packages will be available, which will include overnight stays in hotels and campsites, entrance tickets to the concerts and exclusive bonuses, some of them dedicated to golf lovers and cycle-lovers who will reach Grado through the Alpe Adria cycleway.
- the walks in the Mitteleuropean Grado and in the naturalistic oasis organised by FAI - Fondo Ambiente Italiano FVG, which were a great success last year, will be back, as well as new initiatives and guided tours organised together with the Italian Association of Young People for UNESCO FVG.
EVENING PRICES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
The evenings of July 17/18/19/21/22/23 include a ticket
Poltronissima whole € 30 + dp / *reduced € 24 + dp;
Platea whole € 24 + dp / *reduced € 20 + dp.
The evening of July 20 is free with a reserved seat at € 2
The evening of July 24 (PAOLO CONTE) includes a ticket
Poltronissima whole € 90 + dp / *reduced € 70 + dp;
Platea whole € 70 + dp / *reduced € 56 + dp.
Full Festival Subscriptions (7 evenings from 17th to 23rd July)
Poltronissima full price € 150 / *reduced € 120
Full Festival + Paolo Conte subscriptions
Poltronissima full price € 230 / *reduced € 185
(Each subscriber will receive the GradoJazz T-shirt for free)
*Reduced tickets are reserved for students under 26 and **Congress members
** BCC members, Hotel customers of the Consortium, purchasers of Packages
Online tickets on TicketOne and Vivaticket + related circuits; reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 8 May Tabaccheria Thomann - Piazza Duca d'Aosta, 8
From 1 July Info&Tickets point, Largo San Grisogono
On concert evenings, the ticket office at Parco delle Rose opens at 6 p.m. - entrance to the Park from 7 p.m.
At the Parco delle Rose there is a food&drinks area (dinner during concerts on reservation +39 349 795 7889)
For subscriptions please contact
Euritmica +39 0432 1720214 or email@example.com