Events and tours
The Consorzio Grado Turismo will promote and support the events organised on the island but is not responsible for their organisation or for any changes to the programme that may occur without prior notice. In order to keep up to date with the latest news or any changes in the programme, we strongly recommend consulting the official websites of the organisers or of the local institutions involved.
Guided tours and excursions
Sea&Taste - Trieste and Grotta Gigante
30 June 2022
A guided tour to discover Trieste, the Mitteleuropean city par excellence, and the Trieste Karst, through its flavours, scents and landscapes. A compendium of elegant Habsburg architecture and Roman ruins, historic cafés and castles, a borderland where you can breathe in the intertwining of different cultures. A unique and exciting underground experience accompanied by a professional guide, to discover the Grotta Gigante (Giant Cave), listed in the Guinness Book of Records since 1995 because it contains the world's largest natural cave. The genuine flavours of the Karst region narrated and unveiled with typical Trieste products in an "osmiza" belonging to the FVG Wine and Taste Route. Every Thursday from 23 June to 22 September 2022
- 09.15 a.m. Departure from Grado from Piazza Carpaccio (tourist bus lane 4), Città Giardino (IP petrol station) and camping area (Punta Spin)
- 10.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. guided tour of Trieste (classic tour of the city centre with bus ride to San Giusto)
- 12.30 - 1.30 p.m. free time for lunch or a walk in the city centre
- 2 - 4 p.m. entrance and guided tour of the Grotta Gigante
- 4.30 p.m. - 5.30 p.m. food and wine experience at a typical agrotourism - osmiza with a visit and snack - tasting (selection of cold cuts/cheeses + house wine tasting - children's option selection of cold cuts and cheeses + juice drink)
- 5.30 p.m. departure for return to the departure cities
Tips for visiting the Giant Cave
1. Clothing: The temperature inside the cave is a constant 11°C all year round. Comfortable footwear (trainers or those with rubber soles) and a light jacket or sweatshirt are recommended.
2. Path: the visit route consists of 500 steps down and 500 up, so it is not accessible to people with reduced mobility. The visit is also not recommended in the presence of serious and heart conditions. At the visitor centre, next to the ticket office, a multimedia station has been set up that allows a 3D virtual tour of the cave for anyone unable to access it.
Minimum 5, maximum 45 people.
LANGUAGES: Italian, German, English
Adult 50,00 €
Child 5 - 12 years 28,00 €
Child 0 - 4 years free of charge
The prices includes:
- travel by Gran Turismo bus
- Travel One guide for the entire duration of the excursion
- city tour with tour guide in Trieste
- snack - tasting of wines and local Karst products
- entrance and guided tour of the Giant Cave
The prices do not include
- extra consumptions
- entrance fees to castles, museums and monuments (free with FVG Card)
- anything not expressly mentioned in the "includes" fee
In case of rain the excursion will be done anyway.
Must be booked by 12 noon on Wednesday afternoon.
Please arrive in good physical and mental condition, with appropriate clothing and equipment for the tour. If you have any doubts, check with the organisation before the day of the hike.
The use of masks and provisions for the prevention of Covid-19 refer to current legislation (in Italian).
For the activities organized by the Consorzio Grado Turismo the reservation is compulsory and must be made by 12 noon of the day before the excursion online, by email (email@example.com) or by phone + 39 0431 80383, providing NAME, SURNAME, RESIDENCE EMAIL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER.