Events and tours
The Consorzio Grado Turismo will promote and support the events organised on the island but is not responsible for their organisation or for any changes to the programme that may occur without prior notice. In order to keep up to date with the latest news or any changes in the programme, we strongly recommend consulting the official websites of the organisers or of the local institutions involved.
Guided tours and excursions
Palagym Wellness Island
6 July 2022
Keeping fit is important and helps you feel good about yourself. Even on holiday, when time can be used as we like, we can find the ideal space where we can exercise and keep fit.
At the Terme Marine Palagym Wellness Island, there is a weight room equipped for all types of training. Activities are supervised by certified instructors to ensure professionalism and competence in identifying and achieving goals. The instructors are also qualified to conduct PT (personal training) classes, suitable for those who want to get the most out of their session!
The gym is open at the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Wednesday and Thursday afternoons: from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Guided tours and excursions
Courses and activities at the thermal pool
6 July 2022
At the thermal pool we regularly hold group courses in AquaMotricity and AcquaFitness; you can also take part in the following activities:
- Acqua FIT, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 08.30 to 09.30; postural training in sea water heated to 31.5° for muscle strengthening and joint reinforcement.
- Acqua HIIT, Tuesdays and Fridays from 7.30 pm to 8.30 pm; performance training in water based on rapid sequences, aimed at strengthening muscles and developing special coordination skills.
- Acqua GYM, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 08.30 to 09.30; a muscular fitness session suitable for those who want to have fun training to the rhythm of music.
Info and reservations with WhatsApp message to +39 340 4916838
Guided tours and excursions
Hop on Hop off tour in the Collio
6 July 2022
The new transport service offered by APT GORIZIA in collaboration with PROMOTURISMO FVG, to explore Friuli Venezia Giulia from the sea to the Collio, under the banner of mobility combining bus, bicycle and boats. A range of slow itineraries that leave ample freedom to use the service according to one's own tastes and interests, travelling by bus and by bicycle, combining cultural and eno-gastronomic experiences with immersive pedalling in the evocative landscapes of the Collio.
- COLLIO E COLLI: From 01 June to 31 August 2022, every Wednesday and Friday, from Grado to Cividale passing through the Collio by bus and by bicycle among vineyards, places of art, picturesque villages. A service with the characteristics of the classic HOP ON HOP OFF with bicycle transport. The bus will stop at the points of greatest interest and near the cycle paths. Two loops made three times during the course of the day, touching the towns of Cormòns, Vencò, Cividale del Friuli, Spessa, Mossa loc. Preval, Capriva del Friuli. Departure from Grado in coincidence with the arrival of the maritime lines from Trieste and Lignano. Timetable and route HERE. To use the service, online booking is required on the day before the trip.
- TASTING THE COLLIO: From 02 June to 01 September 2022, every Thursday; an invisible thread of aromas and flavours. A land of great wineries and skilful chefs, where glasses toast between the rows of world-famous vineyards. Discover the beauty of the area and the rich food and wine offerings along the FVG Wine and Taste Route. A route inspired by food and wine, which from Grado leads tourists through Collio, touching on Capriva del Friuli, Cormòns, Corona (Mariano del Friuli) and San Floriano del Collio. Departure from Grado coinciding with the arrival of the maritime lines from Trieste and Lignano. Timetable and route HERE. To use the service, online booking is required on the day before the trip.
Bicycle transport is always included in the ticket price. The proposed services do NOT include tickets for visits to museums, exhibitions, monuments, bicycle hire and tastings.
GRADO 130, MOSTRE E CONVEGNI
" Greetings from Grado - Gruss aus Grado - exhibition of vintage postcards".
1 May 2022
Position: Isola d'oro - spiaggia principale GIT
From 1 May to 10 September, from 09.00 to 19.00 - Isola d'Oro (until 20/05 the exhibition closes at 18.00)
What did the most popular seaside resort of the Monarchy look like? Where did tourists stay and how did they spend their holidays in Grado at the end of the 19th century? On the occasion of "130 years of Grado", this exhibition wants to retrace the first years of tourism on the "Island of the Sun" (about 1892-1914).
DANZA E MUSICA
MUSIKA&MUSIKA 2022 - CARLO JANS-LUISA SELLO-NICOLA MAZZANTI–NONAKRINCEVA
6 July 2022
Position: Sala Lido Grand Hotel Astoria
Performers: CARLO JANS-LUISA SELLO-NICOLA MAZZANTI-NONAKRINCEVA Flutes, Octaves and Piano
Music: Mozart / Boismortier / Kuhlau
Price: full price 15 €; reduced price (over 65) 12 €; FREE FOR FVG CARD HOLDERS
Tickets can be purchased on the spot from 20' before the concert with reservation at +39.0431.83550
The programme may be subject to change. Health and safety regulations will be respected at all concerts.
GRADO 130, ENOGASTRONOMIA
Aperitifs, cocktails, pizzas and 130 menu
1 June 2022
Position: Vari bar, ristoranti e pizzerie
During the 6 months of the "Grado 130" event, at bars, taverns, pizzerias and restaurants located in various areas of Grado, taste the aperitifs, cocktails, pizzas and the menu inspired by the 130 years of tourism of the Island of the Sun.
Discover all the proposals and the participating companies HERE.
MOSTRE E CONVEGNI
Pasolini. I disegni nella laguna di Grado
1 July 2022
Position: Casa della Musica
01-31 July 2022
Monday to Friday 19:00 - 23:00
Saturday and Sunday 17:00 - 23:00
Opens on 1 July at 7 p.m., at the Casa della Musica in Piazza Biagio Marin, the exhibition "Pasolini. Drawings in the Lagoon of Grado", the result of six years of research by curator Francesca Agostinelli. Among the works on show are two previously unpublished drawings: a portrait of Aldo Venier, then Grado's municipal secretary, and the drawing "Pali e reti del Safon" (Safon's poles and nets), which comes from the Feltrinelli collection in Milan. The exhibition will remain open until 31 July.
The rediscovered drawings that Pier Paolo Pasolini made in the lagoon between the shooting of the film Medea, the presentation of Porcile and the International Film Week that the director established in the seaside resort in 1970 are returning to Grado. They return together with the collection of his friend painter Giuseppe Zigaina to compose an exhibition of 23 pieces on paper that opens up new scenarios on Pasolini's drawing. And if we say "drawing", we don't mean well, because these works from Gradese have little of what we imagine: in fact, materials directly taken from an environment of grasses, shells, sands and flowers thicken on the paper. But also of wax beads directly poured onto the paper, that wax which the poet used to light up the evenings on Mota Safon, the small island "Pasolini", as it is now in nautical maps, offered in concession to the director by the Municipality of Grado as a support for the filming of Medea set in the lagoon. The subject of these drawings are lagoon views, the "tapi" - the sandbanks in the Grado dialect - as much as everyday objects made of nets, poles, lamps. Also on display are portraits of some friends: Giuseppe Zigaina, Aldo Venier, and then the great Medea of the film, Maria Callas, portrayed in profile with a regal bearing in three sumptuous pieces, one of which was recently rediscovered. The event was initiated by the Pier Paolo Pasolini Study Centre of Casarsa della Delizia for Pier Paolo's 100th birthday and is now in Grado enhanced by 2 previously unpublished pieces. It also tells the story of the discoveries made by Francesca Agostinelli, curator of the exhibition, in 6 years of research that began with some photographs and the stories of Giuseppe Zigaina whose memoirs Agostinelli collected. Drawings by Pasolini and a small drawing by Ninetto Davoli dedicating "I lumi affumicanti del Safon" to Pier Paolo have re-emerged from 9 private collections. It is the summer of 1970.
The event is supported by a number of lagoon excursions to Mota Safon and the Casone Pasolini, once the home of the Centaur Chiron (actor Laurent Terzieff), who opens the film Medea with the wise teachings to the young Jason: "everything is holy", he says, pointing to the Grado lagoon and emphasising that "when Nature seems natural, it will all be over".
Event organised by the Municipality of Grado with the patronage of the Centro Studi Pier Paolo Pasolini di Casarsa della Delizia, Cineteca del Friuli and PromoTurismo FVG. With the collaboration of Altreforme soc. coop., Consorzio Grado Turismo and Graisani de Palù, Grado
Exhibition and catalogue edited by Francesca Agostinelli.